About the company
We’re a small team of technology specialists with an innate understanding of making web applications for the workplace. We’re team-orientated and welcome knowledge-sharing with open arms, our relaxed working environment encourages discussion, experimentation, and design-led thinking.
Working directly with our technical lead you will work on the continuous development of our flagship SaaS application, Twine, helping to architect, engineer and maintain new modules and micro services for its global client base. You’ll also work on the development of bespoke web applications for our clients in the intelligence, energy and investment sectors, writing code, experimenting and prototyping solutions that improve efficiency, streamline workflows and ultimately change the way organisations work.
You’ll be encouraged to learn and share ideas, taking concepts from prototype to go-live, helping to shape future design and development decisions within the team. You’ll get to use a mix of modern technology such as Angular, React GoLang, Symfony, AWS and containerization services such as Docker.
Expect to be working in a friendly and informal environment where colleagues work as a team to learn and develop skill sets within our collaborative, cross-functional team.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Around two years of experience in web development
- PHP 5 or 7 experience (Symfony or a similar backend framework)
- An understanding of JS frameworks (AngularJS or React for example)
- Comfortable in using the OSX or Linux command lines
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in building clean, maintainable systems
- Experience with technologies such cache servers (Redis) and Message Queues
- Experience designing clear RESTful APIs
It would be absolutely ideal if you:
- Experience in building single page applications (SPA)
- Understand front-end performance issues (Asset delivery, Caching, CDNs)
- Have an interest in containerization (Docker)
- Understand Behavioural and Test Driven development techniques
Salary & benefits:
- £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
- 24 days holiday (+1 day for each year of service)
- Finish at 4:00pm on Friday’s
For more information
For more information on the position or to apply, please send an email with information about you and your approach to web development. Plus a link to your github and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We don’t work with recruitment agents, and have no intention of ever doing so. Please kindly respect this.